We use OBS Studio so that we can get a high quality recording from your webcam.
Download & Install
- Visit www.obsproject.com and download the PC or Mac version. This should be done by downloading it directly to your local computer, not through Citrix or any remote connection.
- Once downloaded, follow the instructions to install the software.
- Open OBS Studio.
- First we will add your webcam as a video source.
- In the Sources panel, hit the + icon and select “Video Capture Device”
- Make sure “Create new” is selected and name it “Webcam”. Leave the box checked for “Make source visible”.
- In the “Device” dropdown menu select your webcam. Set the “Preset” to “High”. Leave “Use Buffering” unchecked.
- Click OK.
- Now we will add your microphone as an audio source.
- In the Sources panel, hit the + icon and select “Audio Input Capture”.
- Make sure “Create new” is selected and name it “Microphone”. Leave the box checked for “Make source visible”.
- In the “Device” dropdown menu select your microphone. Click OK.
- Now we need to choose a folder for our recordings.
- In the main window, click the “Settings” button.
- In the menu on the left side, select “Output”.
- In the “Recording Path” field, just make sure it is a folder you know how to find. It can be your Desktop, Downloads or any other folder you know how to get to. The recording will be automatically placed in this folder, so our objective here is just to know where to find that file after we are done recording.
- Under “Recording Quality” make sure it is set to “High Quality, Medium File Size”.
- Under “Recording Format”, set it to “mov”.
When it is time to start, you simply hit the “Start Recording” button. When we’re done you hit the “Stop Recording” button. Once we have stopped, navigate to the folder that we selected earlier. You will receive separate instructions on where to send that file.